- CYT students ages 8-18 who are currently enrolled in a class may audition for this show.
- An online audition form will be emailed to all students enrolled in a CYT class that selected to participate in auditions. The form will require a bio photo upload, music track upload, and costume measurements in addition to other information.
- For Spring 2023 students must choose which show to audition for and must agree to accept any role. Those that would like to audition for specific roles are asked to audition in a future show.
- Some who audition may also be requested to attend a Callback on a second date.
Held on Tuesday, March 7
starting at 3:30pm. Location: Oak Hills Church - 1100 Blue Ravine Rd. (Folsom).
Please choose a track with no accompanying vocals (such as a karaoke track). Audition music should be no more than 1 minute. Auditions should be to music (not acapella).
The director needs to see how well the student can stay with the music, both in tune and in rhythm. You will be able to upload your music to the audition form. It's best if you have a YouTube link or an actual song file rather than getting a song through iTunes, Spotify or Amazon. We cannot open files through these services.
on Tuesday, March 7
with the student's vocal audition. Location: Oak Hills Church - 1100 Blue Ravine Rd. (Folsom).
Students will learn choreography at home via video and will come ready to perform it for the directors with their vocal audition.
CALLBACKS (including Featured Dancers) :
Held on Thursday, March 9
starting at 3:30pm.
The directors will call back certain students to sing again, read a scene, dance some more or any combination of these. They will often ask pairs or groups of students to read scenes to see how different combinations of sizes and personalities work together. CYT callbacks are closed to everyone except the show directors.
If a student is not "called back" it does not mean that they will not be cast in the show.
- Students who audition are NOT eligible for a class tuition refund regardless of casting.
- All students cast in the show will be charged a production fee of $175.
- Families are required to volunteer 20+ hours on a parent team.
For additional show information, check out the Audition Tips
and Show FAQ
sections on the Auditions Page
Cast Announcement Friday, 3/10. Details TBD
Rehearsal Dates: Oak Hills Church - 1100 Blue Ravine Rd. (Folsom)
3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/15
(Easter Break 4/8 - No Rehearsal)
Mondays 6:30 - 8:30pm
3/20, 3/27, 4/10
(Easter Break 4/3 - No Rehearsal)
Show Reset Rehearsal
(between show weekends): Thursday 5/4 6:00-7:30pm
SOME CAST MEMBERS WILL BE CALLED FOR "FLYING" REHEARSALS on Thurs 4/20 and Fri 4/21
Mandatory Rehearsal Dates:
Super Saturday 9am-3pm - 4/22
Tech Week 4pm-9pm - Sun. 4/23
, Mon. 4/24
, Tues. 4/25
, Thurs. 4/27
(Tech Rehearsal Rest on Wed. 4/26 - No Rehearsal)
Mandatory Show Dates:
@ 10am & 7pm
@ 10am & 7pm
@ 3pm - Strike 5pm-10pm
Contact the Show Coordinator, Bonny Verner, at email@example.com