The Storage Coordinator is responsible to organize and assign production elements (set pieces, tech equipment, costumes, props) for CYT productions, classes, camps and special events. The SC works closely with the Class and Show Coordinators, Show Directors and Production Team Leads (Parent Volunteers) and reports to the Managing Director and Artistic Director.
The SC is responsible to attend a Pre-Season Director’s Collaborative to be held in August. The SC is the “stuff guru” keeping track of inventory, tagging sets/costumes/props/tech equipment to the season of shows for efficient distribution, also keeping records of where items will be used and ensuring their safe return. The SC ensures repairs and/or replacements are made as needed. The SC should value good stewardship to maximize use of CYT’s inventory.
This position does not replace Parent Teams. Volunteers are still the main users of materials. Rather, this position is responsible for communicating and tracking the usability of materials in storage.
Accountable to Managing Director, Controller, Artistic Director, and Show Coordinator
Artistic Teams, Production Teams (Parent Volunteers)
Job Classification / Hours:
This position is paid hourly, approximately 16 hours per session, with additional hours budgeted for off season maintenance.
- Must have a humble and teachable spirit that is concerned with sharing the love of Christ in word and deed to all affected by the organization.
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to work in a creative and positive manner with staff and volunteers.
- Experience in some aspect of theater and an understanding of set and prop design requirements is a plus.
- Must have some flexibility as work hours may fluctuate.
To learn more or apply please send an email including your cover letter and resume to Wendy Hoover (email@example.com) CYT Sacramento's Artistic Director.
- Demonstrate an understanding of CYT’s Mission Statement and Values by incorporating them when performing job related tasks.
- Adhere to CYT’s Commitment to Character.
- Acknowledge CYT’s goal to conduct all business through the lens of strong, moral character and agree to perform all job related duties in support of this goal.
- Work well with other people as a leader and as a team member.
- Commit to maintain the highest levels of ethics and professionalism.