HYPE Advisor(s) must be at least 20 years old, have experience with CYT, and be committed to training and guiding the HYPE group for at least a year. This is a volunteer position.
The HYPE program is dedicated to developing a new generation of leaders through service, mentorship, and leadership while reflecting the Creator.
High School Youth Pursuing Excellence is comprised of a core group of CYT students who desire to gain leadership experience by participating in service projects, social events, fundraisers, mentoring, and training retreats/team-building events.
• Twice monthly meetings (during CYT Sessions) at a pre-arranged time and location with agendas and updates from all committee members.
• Leadership positions for all students as outlined in the HYPE manual.
• At least one service project, social event, and mentoring outreach per year (Core Activities). Planned by the students with guidance from the Advisor(s).
• At least one leadership Retreat per year, planned by the Advisor(s) for the purpose of team-building, leadership growth, and group planning for upcoming season (July or August).
• Responsible for the culture and quality of the HYPE Program.
• Works with the Artistic Director and/or Area Coordinator to
develop the initial HYPE team.
• Works with the student President and Vice President to develop
agendas for meetings and supervises meetings (but allows
students to run them).
• Works with the previous year’s HYPE Council to select new members via application process and interviews. (May and June).
• Develops (or selects) and presents leadership lessons at meetings.
This is a volunteer position.
Please email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com